Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Free Crochet Bunny Face Applique Pattern

I know it's an odd time to post a crochet bunny face pattern, but I was actually attempting to create a tulip applique (which I'm still working on) when instead I ended up with a very simple way to make a bunny head.  I did a search for other patterns, but didn't find any, so I'm sharing it here with you.  It's very simple and done in one piece.  With a few needlework stitches for the facial features, it's adorable and great for pins, magnets, etc.  Hope you like it!

Crochet Bunny Face Pattern
Hook Size and Yarn:  I used an I hook, but you could use bigger or smaller to get the size you wanted.
Skill level:  Easy.
Stitch knowledge needed:  ch, sc, dc, sl st

Begin with a magic ring and 6 sc in ring.  Do not join.
Row 2:  2 sc in each sc (12).  Join with sl st in 1st sc.
Row 3:  Chain 6.  1 sc in 1st ch from hook, dc in each of next 4 ch st.  Skip 1 sc in circle and sl st in next sc.
Row 4:  Repeat step 3.
Fasten off.

Note:  An alternate to the magic ring is to ch 2 and make 6 sc in first ch, continue with pattern.

That's it!  You've got yourself a perfect little handmade crocheted bunny head to decorate as you wish.  I love how the ears are just a little bit floppy at the tops, but you can stretch and flatten if you prefer.  Please let me know if you have any questions concerning the pattern, I'd be happy to help!

2 comments:

  1. cute!!! Happy accident. I once started out to make a flower but ended up with a butterfly!! hehe Thanks for sharing.
    8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, that's great! That must have been one interesting butterfly! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete